Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Milestone's (Yaletown)

Since Milestone's in Richmond closed down, I haven't been able to get my fix for their Four Cheese Burger.  I had to make the trek out to Vancouver and decided to have a go with the Yaletown one.
Baked Goat Cheese and Slow-Roasted Garlic Flatbread Plate.  This is an excellent starter and a nice alternative to my other favourite - Spinach and Artichoke Dip (below).  The goat cheese had a lot of it's gaminess (is that even a word???) take out through the baking process, but retained a lot of good flavour and was still rich and creamy.  The half bulb of garlic was also great.  Again, the slow roasting took the bite out of it, but left all the good flavours intact.  The first time I had garlic prepared this way was in an izakaya in Shinjuku.  I've tried to make it myself but always botch it.
The Spinach and Artichoke Dip, one of my favourite starters from Milestone's and when in a group, always ordered.
Thai Chicken Drummettes.  Someone in our group wanted to try this, but the next time I want Thai or any Asian inspired food, I'll stick with Thai House.
Yam Fries....everyone's got them.
I still don't have a decent picture of my favourite burger, but here it is.  The Four Cheese Burger with a side Caesar salad.  The've got that slow-roasted garlic in there for good measure, and let me tell you folks, it makes the burger, it makes the salad.  One of the best Caesar Salads in my opinion. 
The Kobe Beef Meat Loaf, just as good as the Richmond location, but again, in all honesty regular beef could probably be subbed in and no one would be able to tell.  Frankly, I think it's criminal  to take Kobe Beef and make ground beef out of it.
The California Spring Salad.  It's not exactly my cup of tea to order a salad as an entree, but Milestone's has a whole section dedicated to folks that prefer it.  For me, it's a distraction....salad is what food eats.

Milestone's Yaletown has pretty good food as with other Milestone locations, but it is in a fancier part of town where even the air feels upscale and expensive.  The service however, was a bit of a miss.  I don't know if it was because it was date night (which basically meant it was two-for-one for the 4 of us who weren't on a date), or if it was because we were there near closing.  Our server was a bit argumentative with us and other servers were a bit curt, more interested in socializing with their friends who were visiting them or waiting for them to get off work. 

I don't find myself in Yaletown very often, but the next time I'm there, I think I'll give The Keg a try.  For Milestone's, I know the Robson one has really good service so I'll stick to that one.

Milestones Grill and Bar (Yaletown) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews