Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sha-lin Noodles

My dad's been telling me about this place for a while, and though I've heard of it and seen it, I never thought to go in.  I was sort of reluctant to try it, but my dad said give it a shot, so I agreed.  Either I was really hungry, or the food was pretty good.  We started off with a cold plate of what might have been beef.  My mom makes this stuff all the time, so it had a real home-made taste to it.  I'll have to remember not to order this next time because I could get this at home.




Haha, my dad thinking the exact same thing as me.  It wasn't bad.  No, it was actually quite good, but when I go out to eat, I want to eat stuff that I don't usually eat at home.....


...like this.  Lamb stew/soup.  My parents never cook lamb, and I've never tried it myself except when I eat out.  They say that when it's cold, you should eat lamb, but I have no idea if that's true or not.  Anyway, you want a gamey soup, this is it.  It tastes like lamb, mixed with some veg.  I'd probably order this again on a cold day.  It's soup, so it'll warm you up.  Not sure how lamb is supposed to get your body temperature up, just because it's lamb.


Green onion pancake, you can never go wrong with this.  What drives me up the wall are places that under cook it, the dough is still raw in the middle, or they don't use enough oil, or it's just not seasoned right and needs salt.  This place was none of those - it was done right and tasted great.  It didn't seem to match everything else we had, but I still liked it.


Zha Jiang Mien, I have no idea how to say this in English, so just trust me when I say it tastes good and you should try it.  No weird meats in it, in fact I'm pretty sure it was pork.

Would I go back?  Well, the food that I tried at Sha Lin wasn't particularly exciting, just like this post, but it tasted good, so yeah, I'd probably, if I were in the area and I was hungry.


 Sha Lin Noodle House 少林麵莊 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews